As we want to keep our ecological footprint as low as possible, we choose to only work with suppliers within Western Europe. In addition, all of our suppliers are subject to EU legislation, which implies no forced or slave labor, no child labor, no discrimination of any kind and a safe and hygienic workplace. In addition, staff do not work more than 48 hours per week on average, receive a sufficient living wage and have voluntary and paid overtime.
2.1 Fabric suppliers
Our fabric suppliers are established in Italy and Portugal. This is a list of all our fabric suppliers:
Carvico S.p.A.Via Don Angelo Pedrinelli, 96, 24030 Carvico BG, Italy.
Jersey Lomellina S.p.A.Via Don Angelo Pedrinelli, 94, 24030 Carvico BG, Italy.
Valérius Textêis Rua Industrial do Aldão, Apartado 219, 4750-078 Vila Frescaínha, S.Martinho, Barcelos, Portugal.
2.2 Garment production
All our garments are produced with one supplier: Valérius Textêis in Barcelos, Portugal.
Besides being subject to EU legislation, they are also member of BSCI and audited by Sedex (SMETA). Sedex stores information on ethical and responsible practices covered by International Labour Organization Conventions, Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code, SA8000, ISO14001 and industry specific codes of conduct.
Our enterprise agrees to respect the following labor principles set out in the amfort BSCI Code of Conduct.
Amfort BSCI Principles
- The Rights of Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining. Our enterprise respects the right of workers to form labor unions or other kinds of workers’ associations and to engage in collective bargaining.
- Ethical business behavior. Our enterprise does not tolerate any acts of corruption, extortion, embezzlement or bribery.
- Fair remuneration. Our enterprise respects the right of workers to receive fair remuneration (minimum living wage).
- No discrimination. Our enterprise provides equal opportunities and does not discriminate against workers.
- Occupational health and safety. Our enterprise ensures a healthy and safe working environment, assessing risk and taking all necessary measures to eliminate or reduce it.
- Decent working hours. Our enterprise observes the law regarding hours of work.
- Special protection for young workers. Our enterprise provides special protection to any workers that are not yet adults.
- No child labor. Our enterprise does not hire any worker below the legal minimum age (18 years old in Portugal).
- No bonded labor. Our enterprise does not engage in any form of forced servitude, trafficked or non-voluntary labor.
- No precarious employment. Our enterprise hires workers on the basis of documented contracts according to the law.
- Protection of the environment. Our enterprise takes the necessary measures to avoid environmental degradation.
Amfori BSCI Approach
- Code Observance. Our enterprise is obliged to protect workers’ rights as mandated by the law and the amfori BSCI Code.
- Supply Chain Management and Cascade Effect. Our enterprise uses the amfori BSCI Principles to influence other business partners.
- Workers’ Involvement and Protection. Our enterprise keeps workers informed about their rights and responsibilities.
- Grievance Mechanism. Our enterprise provides a system to collect complaints and suggestions from employees.